28 oz can crushed tomatoes, I used the roasted garlic flavor
6 oz tomato paste
1/4 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
Lasagna noodles, I chose the no boil kind for simplicity
Zucchini, cut into thin slices
1. Heat oil and saute onion in a sauce pan until translucent. Add garlic and cook 90 seconds more.
2. Add tomatoes and seasoning, simmer stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
3. Coat the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with a layer of sauce.
4. Add a layer of noodles, ensuring that they do not touch the sides of the pan or each other as they will expand.
5. Add a layer of ricotta on the noodles.
6. Add broccoli layer, top with mozzarella and sauce.
7. Add a layer of noodles.
8. Add ricotta on top of noodles, followed by the zucchini and spinach.
9. Top veggies with sauce then noodles.
10. Cover noodles with ricotta, and mozzarella.
11. Top the lasagna with sauce making sure the noodles are completely covered.
12. Top with parmesan and bake according to the instructions on the lasagna noodle package.
13. I cooked mine covered for 30 minutes and then uncovered it and baked for another 12 to get the cheese on top golden brown.
14. Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.